This agreement states the terms and conditions that apply when you use Monona Bank's MononaBank Online service, including the optional MononaBank Online Bill Pay service and Person to Person payments (True People Pay). These terms and conditions are in addition to those that apply to any accounts you have with us or any other services you obtain from us. You can obtain copies of any disclosures pertaining to all of your Monona Bank accounts by calling 608-223-3000. You must also follow all of our instructions and procedures applicable to the services covered by this agreement.
The terms "you" and "your" mean each person who establishes MononaBank Online Customer Account with us or who uses or is authorized to use a MononaBank Online Banking account number and password or other means of access we establish or approve. "Online Banking" means our service that allows you to make payments (if qualified), transfer funds, access accounts, obtain information and perform other transactions over the Internet by use of a personal computer and modem and/or other means we authorize or allow. Fees may apply to the use of the MononaBank Online Bill Payment service. Please see a personal banker or call (608) 226-3000 for any associated fees with this service.
Should conflicting terms arise between the MononaBank Online disclosures and the original product account disclosures, the Online Banking Agreement and Disclosure will take precedence.
To qualify for Online banking you must:
- Be a customer of Monona Bank with open accounts in good standing
- Be a U.S. citizen
User ID And Password
To access our Online Banking service for the first time, you will need your last bank statement. You can then access the MononaBank Online service via our web site www.mononabank.com. There you will be asked to pick your own User ID and password. User IDs must have a minimum of eight (8) and maximum of twenty-four (24) characters. At least two (2) of the characters must be alpha and two (2) must be numeric. User IDs are case sensitive. Passwords must have a minimum of eight (8) characters and a maximum of twenty-four (24) characters. Your password must contain at least one (1) alpha and one (1) numeric character. Passwords are case sensitive. Passwords can only be changed once in a twenty-four hour period. For your security, Online Banking uses dual authentication in your sign on process. You may not re-use passwords. Anyone to whom you give your MononaBank Online User ID and password or other means of access will have full access to your accounts even if you attempt to limit that person's authority.
Online Banking Transactions
You, or someone you have authorized by giving them your MononaBank Online User ID and password or other means of access (even if that person exceeds your authority), can instruct us to perform the following transactions:
- Make transfers between your qualifying Monona Bank accounts
- Transfer between your Monona Bank deposit accounts
- Transfer to a Monona Bank loan account/authorizing payment
- Advance loan funds on a Monona Bank revolving line of credit
- Make a payment to a Monona Bank VISA Classic or Platinum credit card/authorizing payment
- Authorize electronic funds transfers
- Authorize stop payments
- Pay bills online through our Online Bill Payment service (if qualified)
- Obtain information that we make available about your qualifying accounts
- View Account Activity (Deposit, Loan, Credit Card)
- View stop payment list
- Obtain other services or perform other transactions that we authorize
You may be able to initiate transfers through MononaBank Online from designated accounts at Monona Bank to accounts at another financial institution. For your protection you will be asked to complete an "External Account Transfer Setup Request Form" before initiating your first external transfer. Certain limits apply as indicated in the table below.
|Per transfer instruction you set up
|Daily # of transfers per customer
|Daily dollar limit per customer
|Monthly # of transfers per customer
|Monthly dollar limit per customer
Transaction Limitations of MononaBank Online Banking & Online Bill Pay Service
You must have enough available money or credit in any account from which you instruct us to make a payment or transfer. You may not designate any account that requires more than one signature for withdrawals as an account for use for payments or debits. If any of your qualifying accounts are savings accounts including money market savings accounts, certain types of withdrawals from those accounts, including payments and transfers, are limited to a total of no more than six (6) in any monthly period. The types of withdrawals covered by this limitation include those made by means of pre-authorized automatic transfers, payments, telephone agreements, or similar orders payable to third parties. (However, payments to your loan accounts with us are not counted toward the limits for savings and money market savings accounts.) You also agree to the "Terms & Conditions of Your Deposit Account" that you received when you opened your deposit account.
There is a dollar limit of $9,999.99 (or the available balance in the designated account, plus overdraft line of credit) on any payment.
True People Pay
True People Pay is an optional person to person payment system which allows you to send and receive money online in a fast and safe manner. This is a onetime payment feature and cannot be used for setting up recurring payments. To be eligible for this service, you must have a checking account.
You agree to provide correct contact information such as contact name, account information, email address, mobile phone number and payment amount.
Deposit to Bank Account:
- This payment allows the sender to send the payment directly to the contact’s account via ACH.
- The payment will be debited from your funding account in real time and will be credited to the contact’s account within 1-3 days after the payment is sent.
- You must know the contact’s bank routing number and account numbers to use this payment method.
Send to Email or text to Mobile Phone Number:
- This payment method allows the contact to decide how to receive the money. The contact will receive an email or text message with instructions for how to claim the payment.
- The payment will not be debited from your funding account until the payment is claimed.
- Once the payment is claimed it will be credited to the contact’s account within 1-3 days.
- The payment will expire if it remains unclaimed for 10 days. The sender does not have access to the contact's account information.
Send to a PayPal account:
- Send funds instantly to a recipient's PayPal account.
- The payment will be debited from your account immediately and credited immediately to the recipient’s PayPal account.
- You must know the recipient’s email address or mobile/cell phone number.
|Deposit to bank account
|Send to Email or Text to Mobile Phone Number
|Send to a PayPal account
Payments can be initiated 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The cutoff time for True People Pay payments is 5:00 PM CST. Payments sent after the cutoff time, on non-processing days, such as weekends or Federal Holidays will be processed on the next business day. The Bank is not responsible for payment delays due to recipient claiming funds or recipient entering wrong account information when claiming a payment.
We may disclose information to third parties about your account or the funds you send or receive:
- As necessary to complete transactions
- As necessary in connection with offering True People Pay
- In connection with the investigation of any claim related to your account or the funds you send or receive
- To comply with government agency or court orders
- In accordance with your written permission
- As otherwise permitted by the terms of our privacy notice
Our Liability For Failure To Complete Payments Or Transfers
If we do not complete a payment or transfer on time or in the correct amount or stop a payment according to our agreement with you, we will be liable for your losses or damages. However, there are exceptions. We will NOT be liable, for instance:
- Through no fault of ours, the account has insufficient funds, has been closed, or is not in good standing.
- We reverse a payment or transfer because the account had insufficient funds.
- The payment or transfer would exceed the credit limit of the account.
- You have not given us complete, correct or current account numbers or other information required to complete the payment, credit, transfer or other transaction.
- Your equipment was not working properly when you attempted to conduct the transaction.
- Our equipment was not working properly when you attempted to conduct the transaction and it should have been apparent to you at that time.
- You do not properly follow our instructions, fail to provide accurate information or fail to promptly inform us of any inaccurate information about which you became aware.
- You do not schedule payments or transfers within the time periods set forth in this agreement and a payee does not receive the payment or transfer on or before its due date.
- You do not request a stop payment within the time period set forth in this agreement and the payment is completed.
- The account balance is subject to legal process or other claims that restrict the payment, transfer, or other transaction from being completed.
- Circumstances beyond our control prevent, delay, intercept, alter or otherwise adversely affect the payment, credit, transfer, or other transaction.
The MononaBank Online Banking service is generally available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. However, we only process transactions and update information on business days. Our business days are Monday through Friday. External transfers made after 5:00 PM will be processed on the next business day. Federal holidays, even though the bank may be open are not included. Federal holidays not included as business days are: New Years Day, Martin Luther King Day, Presidents Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Columbus Day, Veterans Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day. Bill Payments must be scheduled five to seven (5-7) business days ahead of the due date for check payments in the Online Bill Pay service, and three (3) business days ahead of the due date for electronic payments in the Online Bill Pay service.
Your MononaBank Online Banking transfers, Online Bill Pay service payments and True People Pay transactions will be indicated on the monthly statements we provide or make accessible to you on MononaBank Online. You agree to notify us promptly if you change your address or if you believe there are any errors or unauthorized transactions on any statement, or statement information.
You agree to the terms of this account. You are liable for all transactions that you or any of you make or authorize, even if the person you authorize exceeds your authority. If you have given someone your Online Banking identification number and password or other means of access and want to terminate that person's authority, you must change your User ID and password or other means of access or take additional steps to prevent further access by such person.
Unauthorized Transactions Or Loss Or Theft Of Your Online Banking User ID Or Password
(a) Consumer Liability. (1) Notify us AT ONCE if you believe your User ID and/or password has been stolen or that an unauthorized transfer has occurred or may occur. Notifying us by telephone is the best way of minimizing your losses. It is possible to lose all of the money in your account as well as any overdraft line of credit.
If you notify us within two (2) business days after learning of the loss or theft of your User ID and/or password, you can lose no more than $50 if someone used your User ID and/or password without your permission.
If you DO NOT notify us within two (2) business days after you learn of the loss or theft of your User ID and/or password, and if we can prove we could have stopped someone from using your User ID and/or password without your permission if you had told us, you could lose as much as $500 if someone used your User ID and/or password without your permission.
Also, if your statement shows transfers that you did not make, notify us AT ONCE. If you do not notify us within 60 days after the statement was mailed to you at your last known address, you may be liable for the entire amount transferred after the 60 days if we could have taken action to reduce your loss with timely notice.
If you delay in notifying us because of extenuating circumstances, we will allow an extension of time for a reasonable period.
(b) Contact in event of unauthorized transfer. Telephone us AT ONCE at 608-223-3000 if you believe your User ID and/or password has been stolen or that an unauthorized transfer has occurred or may occur. While calling us at 608-223-3000 is the best way to notify us, you may also notify us by mail at PO Box 6500, Monona, Wisconsin 53716 . If you notify us in writing, include your name, address, telephone number and a brief description of your problem.
In case of errors or questions about your transactions and electronic transfers, call or write us at the telephone number or address listed in this agreement, as soon as you can, if you think your statement is wrong or if you need more information about a transfer listed on the statement. We must hear from you no later than 60 days after we sent the FIRST statement on which the problem or error appeared.
- Tell us your name and account number (if any).
- Describe the error or the transfer you are unsure about, and explain as clearly as you can why you believe it is an error or why you need more information.
- Tell us the dollar amount of the suspected error.
If you tell us orally, we may require that you send us your complaint or question in writing within 10 business days.
We will determine whether an error occurred within 10 business days (20 business days if the transfer involved a point-of-sale transaction or a foreign-initiated transfer) after we hear from you and will correct any error promptly. If we need more time, however, we may take up to 45 days (90 days if the transfer involved a new account, a point-of-sale transaction, or a foreign-initiated transfer) to investigate your complaint or question. If we decide to do this, we will credit your account within 10 business days for the amount you think is in error, so that you will have the use of the money during the time it takes us to complete our investigation. If we ask you to put your complaint or question in writing and we do not receive it within 10 business days, we may not credit your account. If we decide that there was no error, we will send you a written explanation within three (3) business days after we finish our investigation. You may ask for copies of the documents that we used in our investigation.
Your Right To Cancel A Payment Initiated In The Online Bill Pay Service
Recurring or one-time bill payments made using MononaBank Online Bill pay service, (or a MononaBank Online payment initiated through Microsoft MoneyT) can be canceled by you online the same day until 8:00 PM CST. If you are attempting to cancel or change a payment after this time, you can call the Customer Care Center at 1-866-482-6932 for assistance. Customer Care will make their best effort to cancel payment on the bill. You may be charged for each canceled payment. Please contact Monona Bank for the current fee schedule. (Refer to your original account product disclosure for guidelines regarding stop payments outside the MononaBank Online Bill Pay Service.)
Your Right To Cancel Or Change A Credit Card Payment Initiated Through The "Make A Credit Card Payment" Link
Recurring or one-time credit card payments made using the MononaBank Online credit card payment link can be cancelled or changed by you online the same day up until 9:00 P.M. CST. If you are attempting to cancel or change a payment after this time, you can call the Customer Care Center at 1-866-482-6932 for assistance. The Customer Care Center will make their best effort to have your payment reversed, and will advise you if any further action is required on your part.
There is no fee to access your account information on MononaBank Online, or to make payments on your Monona Bank credit card. The MononaBank Online Bill Pay service may have fees associated with its use. Please contact Monona Bank for the current fee schedule for costs associated with each program.
All transactions occur on a secure server, which uses numerous firewalls and encryption programs. At no time will you be requested to pass your Monona Bank account numbers over the Internet. A user will automatically be logged out of the online connection after 20 minutes of inactivity. A user will automatically be locked out after three bad password attempts. No money can be transferred out of your MononaBank Online account unless you or someone you have authorized by giving them your MononaBank Online User ID and password or other means of access (even if that person exceeds your authority), have initiated the transaction.
Your computer will need the following to use MononaBank Online Banking:
The customer is required to use a secure browser incorporating secure socket layer (SSL) encryption to establish a connection to the login screen. Presently, the system requires 128-bit encryption. Monona Bank reserves the right to change this requirement at any time to maintain the security of our Online Banking products.
For more detailed information regarding system requirements, click here.
Scheduled System Maintenance
The scheduled maintenance window for MononaBank Online is on Sundays from 2:00 AM until 6:00 AM CST. The scheduled maintenance window for the Bill Pay portion of MononaBank Online is on Thursdays from 1:00 AM to 2:00 AM CST . During maintenance windows portions of MononaBank Online could be unavailable for use for short periods of time.×