Have a check to deposit? Save time and a trip to the bank by snapping a photo of your check and sending it to your account using an Internet-enabled device like your smart phone or tablet!
You’ll need one of these kinds of phones or tablets:
- iPhone running iOS versions 4.3 or higher
- Android running OS versions 2.2 or higher
It’s easy to get started:
- If you do not already have it, download the Monona Bank Mobile app from the Apple App store or Google Play store. (Monona Bank does not charge a fee for this app, but normal data rates may apply. See your carrier for additional information.)
- Log in to the Monona Bank Mobile app using your online login ID and password.
- If you have not already, review and accept the Terms and Conditions.
- That’s it! The True Mobile Deposit tool is built right into the Monona Bank Mobile app. No separate app is needed to deposit your checks using your Internet-enabled device (with a camera).
How do I endorse the check being submitted for deposit?
A. On the back of the check, please be sure to include the following:
- Write "For Mobile Deposit Only – Monona Bank"
- Your Account Number
- Your Signature
OK, so it’s not rocket science. But it’s still banking and we need to make sure we tell you about the rules that govern this app.
How to make a deposit:
1. Log in to the Monona Bank Mobile app on your smartphone using your online login ID and password.
2. Select “Check Deposit” from the menu.
3. Select the “Deposit Check” button shown at the bottom of Screen 2.
4a/b. Enter the “Amount” for your deposit.
4c. Select the “Deposit To” account you would like the check deposited into.
4d. Select the “Front” icon and take a photo of the front of the check.
4e. Select the “Back” icon and take a photo of the back of the check.
4f. Enter the "Email Receipt To" that you would like to have your receipt emailed to. (Note that after your first Mobile deposit, this will be pre-filled.)
4g. Select the “Continue” button, this will bring up the Approve Deposit screen. If all deposit information is correct, hit the "Approve" button to submit the check.
5. Receive two separate emails confirming the check has been received and approved.
6. Save the original check according to the “What do I do with the deposited check?” guidelines below.
What do I do with the deposited check?
- Mark the checks that you have remotely deposited: After confirming the check was both received and processed by us for deposit, clearly write “Electronic Deposit on Date” (the date being the month/day/year of your deposit) in a blank area on the front of the original paper check. Note: do not VOID the check after submitting, in case the deposit is not approved and you need to re-submit or bring the item to the bank to be deposited.
- Retain the checks: Keep the original check in a secure container accessible only by those who need access to it for at least fourteen (14) calendar days, from the transmission date. (This provides sufficient time for research in case there is an issue with the deposit or if the original paper check is required for any other reason). Please verify your deposit before destroying the check.
- Destroy checks: After the end of the retention period described above, you must destroy the original checks to prevent them from mistakenly being deposited again. Use a shredder to completely destroy check information. Do not put deposited checks in trash or recycle containers unless they have been shredded.
To produce a clear image of your check, make sure to:
- Place the check on a dark surface to get a good background contrast
- Spread the check out flat, without wrinkles or folds
- Have enough lighting when you’re taking the photo
- Get all four corners of the check within the frame
- Take the photo from directly above the check, not at an angle
For a successful deposit, make sure:
- The check is eligible for deposit through True Mobile Deposit and that your deposit doesn’t exceed the daily or multi-day deposit limits (see FAQs below)
- The check hasn’t been deposited before
- You’ve endorsed the check (see above for endorsement information)
- You submit a good-quality check image
Availability of funds:
For True Mobile Deposit deposits, up to $200 per day total is available for withdrawal by the next business day upon approval.
Deposits made through True Mobile Deposit before 6 pm (Central Standard Time) Monday-Friday will typically be processed that day. Deposits made using True Mobile Deposit after 6 pm (Central Standard Time) Monday-Friday or during weekends or holidays will be processed the next business day.
There are daily and multi-day limits on the number and dollar amount of check deposits through True Remote Deposit. Check out our True Mobile Deposit FAQs for more information below.
True Mobile Deposit FAQs:
We’ve put together some commonly asked questions regarding our True Mobile Deposit tool. If the following FAQs do not answer your questions regarding our True Mobile Deposit tool, please call, email, or stop in to talk with one of our personal bankers.
A: Any consumer customer that has a personal checking, money market or savings account and is set up to use the Monona Bank Mobile App can use True Mobile Deposit.
A: In most cases, eligible accounts will automatically be signed up for True Mobile Deposit. If you have an eligible account that has not been enabled please contact us at (608) 223-3000 or email email@example.com for assistance. As always, never send confidential information in an email.
A: Most domestic checks can be deposited through True Mobile Deposit. Mobile Deposit is not available for Money Orders, Foreign Items or Savings Bonds.
A: Yes. The following table lists the limits currently in place.
|Single item Dollar Limit||$2,500|
|Daily Dollar Limit||$5,000|
|Daily item Limit||10|
|Multiple Day Dollar Limit||$5,000|
|Multi-Day item Limit||20|
A: Deposits submitted on a business day prior to our cut-off time of 6 pm (Central Standard Time) and approved, will be posted to your account the next business day. Deposits submitted on business days after 6 pm (Central Standard Time) or on non-business days will be processed the next business day and posted to your account the business day after that.*
* Once you have received the Approval email, your deposit will show up as "Pending" in the account activity screen, in both online and mobile tools.
A: You should hold on to the check in a safe location for a minimum of 14 days, after which you should securely shred the item. Note: do not VOID the check after submitting, in the event the deposit is not approved and you need to re-submit or bring the item to the bank to be deposited.
A: Call us immediately at (608) 223-3000.
A: The account must be open for 30 days. Your average balance must be $1.00 or greater. Also, there is a maximum number of times that the account could have been overdrawn, which are:
- Since your last statement: 3 or less
- Year-to-date: 12 or less
- Prior year: 12 or less.